Do you use proxies to keep your IP address hidden? If yes, you might know that proxies can classify into two types, i.e. Private Proxy and Shared proxy.
Before you choose a proxy service, you might want to know some facts about it. Many people still do not know the fundamental difference between a private proxy and a shared proxy.
If you are using a proxy for the first time, you need to know a few things about it. It will help you to make better decisions.
By the way, shared socks5 and HTTPS proxies are two separate versions of shared and private proxies.
Also, read: Buy Socks5 Proxy: Advantages and Disadvantages
In this post, we are going to educate you about ten things that you should know about private and shared proxies.
What is a Private Proxy?
It is also known as a dedicated proxy. This proxy is only dedicated to 1 user. You do not have to share this proxy with anybody else. It is for your own private use.
You can share this proxy. Different users can use it at the same time. Most people use a shared proxy because it is cheaper than a private proxy.
Now that you know what private and shared proxies are, it is time to learn more about them.
So here are ten things you should be aware of about Private and Shared Proxies.
- Private Proxy: When you use a private proxy, your IP address is completely hidden. It helps you to maintain anonymity while using the internet. When you use the internet, you leave your digital footprints in the form of an IP address. Hackers trace it to reach your network. With a private proxy, the proxy server completely hides your IP address.
- Shared Proxy: When you use a shared proxy, you can still maintain anonymity. It might be weaker than a private proxy. But if you use a VPN service, it can be helpful. Also, the proxy is under the use of multiple people, so it becomes difficult to trace your system.
- Private Proxy: You do not have to worry about speed while using a private proxy. It is one of the advantages of using a private proxy. You can enjoy the high rate at any time of the day.
- Shared Proxy: While on the other hand, you will get annoyed with the slow speed of shared proxy (mostly it is also fast if you are buying them from the best proxy provider). As many users share it, the speed is plodding.
- Private Proxy: You must pay a higher price to buy a private proxy. Here you will be given 1 IP address for proxy. As the maintenance cost is not shared, therefore, you must pay a higher price for it. It is costly. But the security and speed factor make up for it. You can ask the proxy provider for a free trial to see how it works.
- Shared Proxy: You do not have to pay a high price to get this proxy. As the IP address is shared between many users (our shared proxies are shared between 3 users max), it is very cheap. The maintenance cost is divided among all the users. You may even get a shared proxy for free, but we do not recommend free proxies, because they are not safe and their speed is miserably slow. Some websites share a list of free IP addresses; you can use it for free if you are on a budget.
4- Activity Control
- Private Proxy: You can have complete control over your proxy. As the IP address is underuse exclusively by you, you have total activity control. You can use it anyhow, anywhere, and at any time.
- Shared Proxy: You do not have complete activity control here. As this proxy is mutually shared between multiple users, you cannot control their activity.
5- Advertising & Spam
- Private Proxy: You do not have to worry about any scams or advertisements while using a private proxy. Because your IP address is obscure, hackers cannot reach you. Your email id is covert so that there are no annoying advertisements.
- Shared Proxy: With a shared proxy, there are chances of viruses entering your device. The people who provide free proxy often tamper with it so that they can get your email id. Because of this, you may face annoying advertisements on the internet. But if you are buying shared proxies from a reputed proxy provider, then you do not have to worry about these safety issues.
- Private Proxy: You can rely on Private proxies. You can use it for a long time as there are no scams. It is under protection by authentication.
- Shared Proxy: You cannot rely on shared proxies (Free ones only). It mostly brings along malware and virus. You do not need any authentication to use these proxies.
- Private Proxy: You can enjoy a high level of security with private proxies. Your IP address is entirely under protection.
- Shared Proxy: You might face security concerns as a single IP address is shared between many people. Your data can easily fall prey to hacking.
- Private Proxy: When you are using a private proxy, you do not have to worry about your proxy is on the blacklist. As you only use it, there are no chances of being on the blacklist.
- Shared Proxy: Your shared proxy may quickly get blacklisted. If some other user does something spam or illegal with the IP address, it will be blacklisted on the site.
9- Web Scraping
- Private Proxy: When you use a private proxy, companies cannot scrape your data from the internet. It can be useful in web scraping.
- Shared Proxy: When you use a shared proxy, companies can scrape your data quickly from the internet. It can be of no use for web scraping.
10- SEO – Search Engine Optimization
- Private Proxy: When you use a private proxy, your IP address and other details cannot be used for SEO purposes.
- Shared Proxy: When you use a shared proxy, your IP address and additional information can be useful for SEO purposes. Companies use your data to increase web traffic and other uses.
These are the ten things you should know about private and shared proxies. You can use this information to choose the type of proxy you need.
If you need a proxy for your business website, you can buy a private proxy. It will help you to keep your business safe and secure. You can enjoy high-speed browsing with this proxy.
But if you want to use it for day-to-day individual use, you can use a shared proxy. This proxy also works in a better way if you are buying them from the best proxy provider.
You can quickly get it for a lower price. If you are fortunate, you may also get it for free, but freedom comes with safety issues, as mentioned earlier.